Unlike many other similar offers, Clip Studio Painting is all about letting new and seasoned users immerse themselves in the process of drawing and finalizing artwork. This is achieved using a simplified interface, a fully customizable layout of editing tools, and a wide range of brushes and coloring tools that make drawing easier. Users can even create their own unique bushes which can help them achieve the final image design easily.
The drawing process can be done with both mouse and touch inputs on PC, and if you feel inspired on the go, you can even find this exact app available on Applethe iPad platform. Once drawing, coloring, compositing and final touches are complete, users can access a comprehensive export tool that will prepare their paint for use in your specific projects, saving it to long-term storage, immediately sharing it on social networks, etc.
Installation and use
Clip Studio Paint EX comes in an installer package that weighs just over 300MB, allowing you to quickly download and deploy it to your PC and laptop at home or at work. The application is optimized for all modern versions of the Windows operating system (XP, 7, Vista, 8 and 10) and can initially be used via a FREE 30-day trial. In addition to the English language, the application is fully translated into four other languages: French, Spanish, German and Korean.
Once operational, you will notice at first glance that the user interface of Clip Studio Paint EX looks like many other similar apps. In the center you get a large canvas where you can start drawing, and on the sides are either tool selectors or specific properties to manage each element of your image. The app is optimized for comic and manga designers and illustrators, promoting their most commonly used tools to prominent positions where you can quickly access them.
Features and Strengths
- The cutting-edge suite of tools for comic and manga illustrators.
- Draw, ink, color and publish your new comic with ease.
- Take advantage of the great set of tools to capture every detail imagined in your mind.
- Support for all types of input, including Wacom tablets with 8192 levels of pen pressure.
- Built-in tools to separate comic panels, add bubbles, effect lines, special rules and much more.
- Orientation perspective rules for creating an accurate background.
- Customizable 3D figures for easy character drawing.
- Customizable and user-friendly interface.
- Optimized for all modern versions of Windows. Also available on Apple iPad.
- Available FREE via a 30-day trial period.
Also available: Download Clip Studio Paint EX for Mac