Windows Safe Mode can be an extremely useful tool for identifying and fixing existing problems. However, users often find it difficult to connect to the Internet while accessing their systems in Safe Mode. That said, this explainer does demonstrate a number of methods to fix Safe Mode with no Internet issue on Windows 11/10 systems. Also, if you are unable to download apps from Microsoft Store, you can learn how to fix that.
Access Safe Mode with Networking on Windows 11/10
Depending on the need, Windows offers three different Safe Modes to meet the troubleshooting needs of the user. These are as follows:
- safe mode: Basic mode provides a limited set of files and drivers for system services to run.
- safe mode with Networking: Adds networking drivers and services to the existing Safe Mode, allowing users to connect to the network and use the Internet.
- safe mode with Command Prompt: Provides a stripped-down Windows session with no networking and minimal drivers.
To connect to different networks and the Internet while browsing in Safe Mode, you must make sure that you safe mode with Networking Option. Here’s how you can access and boot from it.
Method 1: Using advanced startup settings
The traditional way to access Safe Mode in Windows 11/10 is to launch it from Startup Settings. Here’s what you need to follow.
1. hold on shift reboot your machine by pressing the key and restart button.
2. Click troubleshoot problems button in the list of available options.
3. Next, press advanced options button.
4. click here startup settings to configure it.
5. forward, press restart button to open the Startup Settings window.
6. Finally, 5 or press F5 ‘ on your keyboard to bootsafe mode with Networking,
Method 2: Using the System Configuration Tool
In addition to startup settings, you can boot into ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ mode using the System Configuration tool. Follow these steps to get it.
1. Squeeze windows key find more system configuration tool to open it.
2. Next, navigate to boot tab and enable safe mode mode to use it network,
3. finally press Correct button and restart the system when prompted to boot into ‘Safe Mode with Networking’
Fix Windows Safe Mode when there is no Internet connection problem
If you are facing internet connection problem after booting properly in ‘Safe Mode with Networking’, we have come up with some useful methods to solve it. Let’s take a detailed look at the steps.
Comment: When testing our system in ‘Safe Mode with Networking’, we could only detect Ethernet for networking without the option to configure Wi-Fi to connect to a wireless network. As per expert reports, Wi-Fi is considered an unreliable source of internet access and hence is not available in Safe Mode with Networking.
Disable and re-enable the network adapter
The fastest way to fix an Internet connection problem while in “Safe Mode with Networking” is to disable and re-enable the network adapter. Follow these steps to fix easily.
1. Squeeze windows key find more device Manager app to open it.
2. Next, expand network adapters and right click on your ethernet adapter to disable it.
3. Finally, repeat the same step re-enable Network Adapter on your Windows machine.
Run Network Troubleshooter to fix Safe Mode with no Internet issue
In addition to manually tweaking network adapter settings, Microsoft embeds a native troubleshooter in its Settings app to resolve connection issues in Windows Safe Mode. Here’s how you can access it.
1. Open and expand the Settings app system tab to find out troubleshoot problems Option.
2. Click Next other troubleshooters button.
3. Finally, find network adapter Click on the list run button next to it to troubleshoot the No Internet issue in Safe Mode.
Disable and re-enable the WLAN service
The WLAN AutoConfig service on Microsoft Windows is responsible for dynamically selecting the wireless network and configuration required to access the Internet. If you are facing internet connection issue on your Windows machine, then disabling and re-enabling this WLAN AutoConfig service can solve the problem. Here you need to follow:
1. Press Windows + R keys together to launch run window and type Services. MSc To open the Services window.
2. Next, find WLAN Auto Config In the list of running services, double-click it to configure it.
3. Next, click stop Button to stop all running instances of the WLAN service in Safe Mode.
4. Finally, click Start Button to re-enable the WLAN service. Check if you have access to the Internet in Safe Mode.
update your network driver
An outdated network driver can also cause problems in establishing Internet connectivity on your Windows 11/10 system. To solve the problem in Safe Mode you need to update your network driver. Here’s how it can be done.
1. access to device Manager Open the app inside Safe Mode by typing the keyword device manager in the Windows search bar.
2. expand the network adapters List and right-click on the network driver Updates This.
3. finally press Search automatically for drivers Click on the button and follow the on-screen instructions to fix No Internet issue in Windows Safe Mode.
Bonus: Track and Limit Internet Use on Windows 11
Do you know that you can view and track your Internet activity on Windows 11 without installing any third party applications? Check out our guide to viewing and limiting Internet usage on your Windows machine with a few clicks.
questions to ask
Question: I am not getting any internet in Safe Mode with Networking on Windows 11/10. How do I fix it?
A: Windows Safe Mode does not allow connecting to WiFi, however, so you can only access the Internet via LAN. If you are not able to access LAN as well, then refer to the easy troubleshooting methods above to fix no-internet issue in Windows 11/10 Safe Mode.
Q: How to access Safe Mode with Networking on Windows 11/10?
A: You can configure advanced startup options or use the System Configuration tool to access Safe Mode with Networking on Windows 11/10 systems.
We hope this guide helped you fix Internet problems on Windows 11/10 Safe Mode. If you find this useful, please forward it to your colleagues who may also be facing the same difficulty in working out the solution. Subscribe to GadgetsToUse, and check out the links below for more Windows troubleshooting guides.
You are probably looking for the following:
You can also follow us for instant tech news Google News Or join for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets Gadgets To Use Telegram GroupOr subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.